Monday, February 24, 2014

This is an email from one of my airport friends I made --he is an older gentleman from Canada:)

“Hi Cecily! It is good to hear from you. I did arrive safely in Malawi in the afternoon and my son was there to pick me up in his beaten-up Suzuki Samarai which is great on the roads here. I am enjoying my time here very much. My son has an apartment in Zomba and his Africycle shop is about 7 miles on the outskirts. Malawi is a very poor country with a high HIV occurrence. Today I visited a place called Grace Orphan Care which Africycle helps to finance. It is a refuge for the vulnerable and it is wonderful to see the hope that it is providing for those in destitute situations.
I was here 5 years ago and was encouraged by some of the bright lights that are appearing in the youth.
I really enjoyed having a croissant with you and sharing our stories. It was plain to see you have Christ's light burning brightly in you and I want to encourage you to keep sharing that love with others. You really made my day a lot brighter. Keep in touch and let me know how you are keeping. Warmest regards! Rod”

No comments:

Post a Comment