Monday, February 3, 2014

Feb 3 2014

Okay, so sorry all for not emailing last week:/  it made me sad too, but normally we go to the temple on Tuesday and then email when we come back, but the temple was closed (so we went today, they opened it specially for us today (monday)) and we got no break.  The president should have given us a time but it was his first week and he messed up which is normal.  He didn't think about it because he was gone being trained by Elder Bednar in Accra (it is his first week) and he apologized later. Anyways, I am getting on a plane tomorrow night to go to Madagascar:O  Craziness!!!!!  I will leave the MTC at 6:00, get on the plane at 10:00, I fly through south africa, and will make it to Madagascar 7:30 P.M. the next day.  I, again, am flying alone which is fine because airports don't worry me.  I am a tinsy bit nervous to go but mostly excited.  I am excited and confident because I was born of goodly parents (Nephi 1:1), I have been taught well, and I am ready to work:)  I hear that a lot of you are enjoying reading my blog? :)  Well to repay me you will have to go and read the story about the sons of helaman and read the lyrics to the song because I love it and it inspires me:)  My mom can send the references and if you need a book of mormon ask her too, it wont be a problem:)
I finally realized what food I miss.  Cereal. Yep sometimes it just feels really nice to have a cool bowl of cereal:)  My two companions from Congo have been wonderful.  They don't speak a word of english but they speak more clearly than the boys and we talk in french all day long:)  (Some of you are probably rolling your eyes after all of my anxting last week... I know).  It feels like we have been friends for years, we have great times talking with each other and we learn well together.  They were hilarious about my deodorant because they had heard of it but never seen it and they wanted it so bad that I gave each of them one of my extras (thanks for packing two mom;).  I love those silly things:)  They are in the picture I uploaded--I know they aren't really smiling:p

So I sprained my ankle at the beginning of the week like a spaz while out for exercise.  I rolled it while I was running.  Well it wasn't really my ankle it was the tendon across the top of my foot (like I kept doing my senior year of track if you remember mom).  Luckily it has happened before so I knew what to do.  You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find ice:p but I babied it for about five days and it feels fine.

I practiced saying sorry a lot this week which was great.  I apologized for telling an elder in my french class not to ask me to tell him words in english during class (its disruptive and I was trying to concentrate)-but I could have told him more kindly.  My companion sister Okechukwu and I had some weird tensions this week but over the series of four days we talked it out and are happy again and I am so happy for the experience:)  Talk your problems through right away and don't be to scared or ashamed to say sorry, it feels wonderful to be free of burdens:) !

One last thing.  This week was kind of interesting.  The New President had worked at the Provo MTC before coming here and decided to install a change that had occurred there here.  We are separated into Districts and each one has an Elder as a leader.  Well the church has started have the girl version of this in a way, they call it "Sister Training Leaders" and myself and a wonderful girl named Sister Nnaubom and I got called to be that over all the sisters in the mtc.  It has been an interesting experience, but I learned a lot:)


Well, as I said I leave tomorrow, I love you all:)  Wish me luck!

Love,
Soeur Wilson








No comments:

Post a Comment