Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Feb 4 2014





Those are the last group photos (relief society and then everyone:).  I forgot to add a thought yesterday, it is this:  I can see why contention is always of the Devil--and it is so easy to feel how quickly contention drives away the Spirit for everyone in the room.  Two boys in my class got into an argument just now, and were so worked up that--although they are both intelligent and good people--they would not listen to reason.  I was sad.  (3 Nephi 11:29, "For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another.")  When people fight or argue they are just setting themselves right up for pride to enter into their hearts, and I think that is when Satan really has a chance at having power over you.  Pride also lends itself to an odd sort of fear of apologizing and getting over confrontations (or reconciliation).  No one is perfect and arguments happen but we MUST be willing to apologize quickly and move on--> get back to being UNIFIED--Satan wants to make rifts between us.

That was a thought from this last week. Also I wanted to add that everything has worked out for the best.  I have had an incredible two weeks of learning and now I feel ready to go.  I feel like it is my time to go.


One funny thing to add, is that I experienced two interesting cultural things.  One is a chew stick (a bitter twig basically that people chew on and then use as a toothbrush and supposedly its medicinal) and also my congolese Sisters gave me a snack --turns out it was literally a stick of minerals :0  craziness:)   Also, My companion Soeur Okechukwu told me that when people in her country are getting dewormed they are given a sugar cube to eat before they are given the medicine because they believe that it makes all the worms come out to feast and then they die:)  Fun.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment