Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

Mmk I am sorry but there will be no pictures this week.  We are back to the ghetto email place that is free:)  can’t have it all;)  This week was good.  We met a new family that I just love.  It is a mother named Elizabeth who has two girls (Lola who is eight and Maureene who is 13) and she is divorced.  We knocked on her door and she answered because she thought it was her daughter coming home from school (turns out she never answers the door for strangers so it was a little miracle that we were even able to talk with her!!!).  We ended up talking for an hour and teaching her about the restoration of the church.  She was super interested because she says she feels like she’s been missing something in her life.  She is catholic by tradition but doesn’t have a testimony of it.  Her little daughter however, Lola, is super intelligent and cute and had her communion this last week because she asked to learn about it all.  When we gave her mother the Book of Mormon, Lola took it and shouted "hurrary!!!!!" and ran right to the couch and started reading:)  Elizabeth has been reading it every day with her two girls:)  I hope that we will be able to help them find more happiness and joy in their life because things have been particularly hard for them the past two years.

Also, I love teaching Sandra (the daughter of Abel and Marguerite) and Brunella her half sister.  They are both single mothers and live in apartments next to each other and this past week we had a lesson with them together.  Brunella had read a ton from the Book of Mormon and kept telling us how intriguing she finds it.  It was super cute this last week because when we were asking them questions about what they remembered they sort of ended up teaching each other:)  I love lessons with people that we have a relationship with because it feels more real.  Like we are actually sharing, learning, and growing together.  It was a super spiritual experience:)


We got to watch the general women’s broadcast for the church this past friday at the church as a relief society activity.  It was super well done!  I loved all of the colors in the choir, and I found it really inspiring/touching to see it full of women of all ages (little girls of eight all the way up to grandmas:).  I cried multiple times as the spirit touched me as I washed.  It hit me multiple times this week just how much my testimony of the Gospel has really grown. It makes me happy to realize how much I love virtuous things and how when I see faithful and good people it inspires me:)  I love light, I love things that are good, I love things that are selfless, that are kind, that are gentle and thoughtful and I want to be more of those things myself.  I am grateful that I am not afraid to talk to people and for the experiences that that allows me to have. People just need a little bit of love, a little bit of kindness, just a simple smile:)  We cannot change other people, but we can love them and help them and be an example.  It is always worth it to do good, even if sometimes you feel depressed and the world seems dark.  There are millions of amazing people out there, all our brothers and sisters, and what a joy and a blessing it is that we all have to be here together and learn from each other.  My goal for this past month, and probably for the rest of my life (because I don’t seem to be learning it very quickly) is to become perfectly patient.  I also want to become the type of person that gives willingly in every situation because they have come to a point in their life where they prefer to see others happy than to have things for themselves.  It is not easy, but I have my own Nana as a great example:)  Have a great week!!!  love, Soeur Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment