Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014

This week was good.  Our new threesome worked out just fine because Sister Isham is super chill.  Neither of them had worked in a threesome before and were a little nervous but it is all I have known and I told them it would be fine.  The trick is learning how to share the time well during lessons so that everyone gets a chance to speak.  We are getting there:)  It was super busy again this week which is a good thing.  On friday we had lessons starting at nine in the morning and we had a lesson every hour that day and got home at eight o'clock that night:O  craziness!!!!

Goodness I am tired, I don’t really know what to share from the week because so much happened.  One super fun thing was that last monday we told Anaelle (a young mother who helps us a lot for lessons) that we needed her for a lesson that night.  She told us that she was super super super busy cleaning the house/getting everything ready for the week and we told her we really needed her help and that we would come over and help clean afterwards.  She said okay and we picked her up that evening and told her it was our first lesson with someone and that we needed her to teach the lesson of the restoration.  we spent the whole car ride preparing her for the lesson, right up until the end when we walked into her favorite frozen yogurt shop:)  we felt like she just needed a time out and a moment to relax.  It ended up being a super great idea/surprise and a fabulous evening full of laughter and joy:)  I love people!!!!

Soeur Isham (our new companion) went up to St Dennis with soeur thomas for a baptism this past saturday (because she had been transferred suddenly she got permission to go up to the baptism with one of her investigators:). I stayed down south and had soeur desvignes (a super cute, super active 75 year old chinesse lady who can still do the splits:) as a companion for the morning.  We had a great time.  We went to st joseph for our lesson with Antoine (jack sparrow) and he had a muslim friend there who is super nice but talked NONSTOP.  So Soeur Desvignes and I told him he had to give us ten minutes of silence and we taught the restoration;)  Also, every week at the beginning of the lesson I bring my guitar and we play/sing a hymn and Antoine accompanies me on his base guitar:)  And this week I asked him if he'd play with me in our Branch's talent show and he said yes, haha, I am so amused with life:)  It is going to be awesome!

The work is progressing here and I love watching all of the little miracles that happen, and to see people changing their lives and becoming happier:)  I think that one of the most incredible things is how I am changing without even noticing it.  I hope that when I come back I will have been changed for the better and for good (high five to anyone who catches that musical reference).  Have a great week everyone:)  And look for ways to become more like Christ, it will only bring you happiness, peace, and blessings:) 

love,

Soeur Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment