Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 10, 2014

Mmk what a fabulous week:)  I am exhausted and as happy as can be.  I’m not sure if I already wrote this in an email or if it only my journal at present who is au courant (in the knowing/up to speed), but in the last month or so I have really started to feel at home here in St. Pierre and I love it:)  I love my branch and I love all of the people that I meet, and visit and teach.  It is strange to think that everything here is in french.  When I hear english now I am generally very confused and I actually don’t realize anymore which language I’m speaking and sometimes I speak the wrong language at the wrong time without realizing it and I’m surprised when people don’t understand me.  It’s a funny occurrence:)  The advantage of having a small branch in the church is that you can actually get to know every single person personally.  We are very blessed here because there are lots of moms who take us in like their own children and love us and feed us:)  This past week we had an activity for all of the ladies in the district (all of the women in the church for the whole island) in Le Port.  It was incredibly well organized.  We studied separately in groups different topics such as humility, charity, forgiveness, patience, etc. and then came back together and shared stories/thoughts/experiences on the subjects and talked about how each one of us personally can work on becoming a better disciple of Christ in loving more freely and sincerely each and every one of our sisters.  I love leaving a place and feeling just full of inspiration to go out and be the best person I can:) 

It has been five months now since I left and I cannot believe how much I learned.  Like always, I did not realize it as it was happening, but rather it struck me at various times these past few weeks just how far I have come.  My testimony and my love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ becomes more firm and more profound every day, and while I have never had too much difficulty in approaching others and starting conversations, it has become even easier to do so in the past few weeks.  I just feel so grateful for the knowledge that I have of Jesus Christ, of my Heavenly Father, and of the plan that he has for us, the plan of happiness, that I just want to share it and the love I feel with everyone I see.  And I've noticed that the people notice and feel this love and it is making a difference.  We have moments like you would not believe with complete strangers in their homes, on the street, everywhere, people who just need to feel that they are loved.  Not everyone who is touched will choose to change, but precious moments where people forget about differences in culture, different languages, age, gender, and just take a moment to really listen to one another and to try to share something beautiful--are moments that were not wasted and that will leave an impression forever.  Because time as we know it is something temporal, something human, but things that are done, things that are said, things that are shared will last forever and that is why people and love are the most important things here.  Not computers, not a nice house, not money, those things will come and go, but our relationships will not; and so be careful:)  take time to appreciate and get to know those around you:)  we are here together for a reason--we all have something to give and something to learn from others.  


I hope that everyone has a fantastic week.  Know that you are loved, and take time for what matters most:)  Love, Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment