Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014


When I send pictures I use it as my excuse to write less because my brain always feels jumbled and rushed during emails, so I’m sorry if this email is lame;)  this week was pretty awesome.  We have six new people that are inviting us into their homes to teach which is super exciting and one of them is a family :)  It is the daughter of Abel and Marguerite (who have been teaching us how to weave the vacoa :).   Also, we met a couple (the Thomas) a few weeks ago and had a super good conversation and they invited us to their house for a "peace night" and that went down this week.  They had a few of their friends over as well and we sat in a circle and each person had their turn to share their thoughts/feelings about peace and no one interrupted anybody.  It was actually a super awesome experience.  It is amazing to find people with such deep understandings and such thoughtful insights about life, and they are super kind and respectful.  Soeur Thomas and I bore our testimonies about the plan of happiness that God has planned for each one of us and how that has brought us peace in our lives.  We also performed a song (the french hymn "Souviens-toi") and she played the flute and I played the piano and sang and it went super well.  Everyone there gave us their numbers and we have visits with each of them this week and the Thomas invited us to come back whenever we wanted :)  I am happy and healthy and trying my hardest never to waste time or to wish away a second of this incredible opportunity.  La reunion is gorgeous and its people are precious to me.  I am starting to feel at home :) have a wonderful week everyone!!!! love, Soeur Wilson


 This is a video of "Souviens-toi". This version was translated into English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L456ehZe6dM




These pictures are from our hike today:)



Some pictures with the family Poussin who made lunch for us after church:)



The family of our ward mission leader:)
The family Gathercole after a family home evening talking about the armor of God:)

Me being excited about a strange tree:)

No comments:

Post a Comment