Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015

So I would like you all to know that I would never be able to have a job where I am required to be in front of a computer screen for more than one hour.  Well, maybe that is not true because at school already I have had to do it to write papers and so forth, but it really makes my eyes and then my brain feel tired.  I don't think it is good for our health to be in front of screens for too long.  Anyways, I had another good week.  I say that but in reality I already can’t remember what happened and will have to look at my weekly planning to be able to share something uplifting or interesting;) 

Awwweee yes, it was a fun week because we had to figure out how to organize ourselves between two companionships of missionaries and one car. The thing that is difficult is that the majority of our lessons start after five p.m. because that is when people start getting home from work, but public transportation stops between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.  Anyways, we switch who has the car every other day and the days without the car have been quite an adventure.  It is a trial and a blessing like most things in life;)  a trial because it is hard to get to all our lessons, but a blessing because we meet more people:)  Figuring out the public transportation has not been too hard, except that sometimes I am too lazy to figure out the buses and just want to walk and I have a tendency to think that things are a lot closer than they really are.  Last Thursday I think that we walked about a total of five hours.  I am not really sure if that is a lot compared to some people but for us it was a lot. 

As a companionship we are always trying our hardest to keep improving the manner in which we work. This past Sunday was very productive and we had a large collaborative effort with the branch auxiliary leaders to get the ward mission plan in place and to make sure that our goals (as missionaries) are in line with the wards so that we are really working side by side to accomplish this marvelous work:D  Auxiliary leaders just refer to the president of each group in the church.  So there is the Branch President who looks over the whole branch, and then there is a group for the men, a group for the ladies, classes for the teenagers and classes for the children and each organization has someone who runs it.  It is fun to get things organized and to really work towards a goal together and it is so much more effective when everyone is on the same page.

We are trying to meet a ton more people each week to get things moving even more and  things are going well and we hope to help the branch here grow and progress.

I was talking with a friend and just had one thought to share.  One secret to success in life is to forget ourselves and go to work.  I agree whole heartedly, but this does not mean neglect ourselves.  The more clear our own spirit the more easily we will be able to accomplish the other goals we have.  So, we need to take time for ourselves as well and step back and appreciate the beauty and the fun of life. What a great adventure!  I hope that everyone has a fun week.  Keep being positive!

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment