Friday, April 17, 2015

April 13, 2015

I am not sure if I already sent this first picture (if I did you will just have to forgive me;)  It is of our District (all of the missionaries) here in Mauritius.  Well, it is out of date now because it was when sister Thomas and I were here together.  But anyways, we have a meeting once a week to discuss the missionary work that is going on, to work on teaching techniques, and whatnot.  Afterwards, we usually eat lunch together, and just before heading off we decided to take a picture and I wanted to be a monkey:)





The second picture is of one of the families in the Branch here in Rose Hill.  It is the Family Whittle and they are super fun to be around.  Their daughter served a mission in Congo back in the days and has the most incredible stories. 



The third is another family in the branch named the Family Jules.  The son on the right hand side of the photo is named Leroy and he actually left this past Tuesday to serve his own two year mission and was called to serve in England English speaking.  He was super excited and is going to be an incredible missionary!



So back to where I left off the last week with the picture of myself in sunglasses;)  When I was in St. Pierre we had the trip to the volcano museum.  This is a map of Reunion and we are all pointing to where we serve.  In the picture you can see my companions Soeur Woods (she is very tall:)  from Oklahoma, and Soeur Liu (from Tahiti).

The next one is a picture from the anniversary of the Relief Society.  The Relief Society is an organization for the women of the church that was organized in the early 1800's by the prophet Joseph Smith. It is (if I heard correctly) the largest women’s organization in the world today and has for its theme/purpose:  
“For the relief of the poor, the destitute, the widow and the orphan, and for the exercise of all benevolent purposes,” and "The purpose of Relief Society is to help prepare women for the blessings of eternal life by helping them increase faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and seek out and help those in need."
What was crazy for me to think was that I was in that same chapel for the same celebration just one year before as a new missionary.  So many things have happened since.  We (the sister missionaries) were asked once again to prepare a musical number.  Sister Thomas and I played our flutes and the rest of the sisters sang.  The sisters are (in order from left to right):  Sister Thomas, Sister Isham, Sister Olivarius, Sister Madsen, Sister Willardson, Sister Woods, Sister Liu, and myself:)

This one is just for silliness. It was after a lesson with the son of one of the less active members in saint Pierre.  His name is Teddy and he is adorable and amazing.  He is only twelve years old and it is sad how grown up he is because of the harsh circumstances of his life.  marriage is a sacred engagement and should be honored, especially when there are children involved.  There are too many broken families in this world.  Selfishness and pride are such powerful tools of the adversary.  I hope and pray that every child who has had to suffer a difficult childhood will be able to feel their Heavenly Father's love for them, know that he is there for them, and confide in him through prayer in order to find the peace that does not come from this world ( John 14:27)



This is from a district activity in St. Pierre.  We went up hiking in a region called Longevin where there are lots of pretty waterfalls:)  There is Elder Sanchez and Elder Thia (who--crazy side story--has a brother that is one of Mark's good friends in France-the world is so small!) and Lisa Van Loon one of the youth in the branch of St. Pierre.





This one is also just for silliness.  Sister Liu and Sister Woods found the pictures that papa had sent me of our family and they found this picture (from a youth activity in Yakima when I was only 13 years old;) and thought it was hilarious.  The took it and taped it above our goals which made me laugh so voila;)  And yes I know that my name tag is crooked, don’t worry I check to make sure it is on straight before leaving the house;)

From a hike here in Mauritius with our new companionship, Sister Willardson, Sister Liu and I.  Well, I say hike but that is not really true.  The elders promised us they knew how to find this place (we were hesitant to go without a Mauritian because nothing--roads, streets, etc.--is marked here), but we could not in the end find the trail head and hiked around in the cane fields;)  I may have already shared that story as well.





Does anyone recognize who is on my back?  Soeur Berchel:DDD She got back this last Monday and it has been super fun seeing her and working with her again:) 






Mauritius is beautiful:) <3

I have to go now but I hope that everyone feels pleased and spoiled with all of the pictures I got to send:)  I hope that everyone has a great week!  I am doing well and working hard.

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment