Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015

Hmmm what can I share from this week?... I am not really sure.  I do not know why but I always have tons that I want to share during the week but when I get in front of the computer screen my mind feels blank.  It is a miracle that week after week I manage to share something;)

Already I can give you some updates.  Sister Isham got to Mauritius this last Wednesday; we picked her up at the airport Wednesday night.  It has been fun being four sisters in the apartment:)  Nice and lively.  What is even more fun is that we are all such good friends:)  I love the missionaries that I serve with and think that it is one of the biggest blessings that we all get along so well.  I think that that is one of my favorite lessons that I have learned being on a mission:  we really can love anyone, it is just a decision that we need to make. 
There are feelings of closeness or friendship that come more naturally for some than for others, but what really makes a strong relationship is when we just decide to love the person and we work at their side.  It is like our family.  We don’t remember choosing what earthly family we were born into, and there are definitely things about our siblings and our parents that bother us and even more things about ourselves that bother the other people in our families;)  and yet somehow we learn to love each other, to confide in each other, and to really appreciate each other for who we really are.  Its seems like the fact that we didn’t have a choice really that made it easier to overcome our differences.  Well on the mission we don’t really have the choice either of who we will be living with 24/7 and so again we learn to love and appreciate someone with whom we may not have chosen to be friends with otherwise.  And so I say why not just decide that we don’t have the choice anymore and that we just need to love everyone and that way we will be able to have so many more deep and meaningful relationships with our brothers and sisters, to share so many more moments of both joy and hardship together, and to help each other with what really matters: becoming perfect like our savior, older brother, and perfect example Jesus Christ so that we may return home safely one day to our loving Heavenly Father:) 

Anyways, they have been doing a great job of being positive in trying to find their way around a whole new area and getting lost tons;)  They are incredible missionaries and everyone is going to love them:)  Things have been going well for sister Liu and I.  We got to watch general conference this last weekend:DDDDD  This is a moment when the living, modern day prophet speaks to us with his twelve apostles to share new revelation, talk about Gospel principles, and fortify the faith of the saints.  I loved listening to the talks and everyone can listen to them on the church website:  www.lds.org 
and/or 


We have been meeting/teaching lots of new people, many of which are families which are so fun to teach:)  I hope you all have a great week!  Love you:DDD 

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment