Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015

This first picture is one of our many adventures in walking.  Sister Liu and I decided that we looked absolutely ridiculous walking across this huge open field in the middle of the little city across the highway where our apartment is.  In fact, it was because we got off at the wrong bus stop (like usual;)  and were trying to find the shortest way home.  It was pretty funny and we decided to stop and have a little photoshoot by ourselves;)

The second picture is of a fun activity that we had last Saturday.  It was with the young adults of the three branches here in Mauritius and we made homemade pizzas:D  It was super fun, everyone enjoyed themselves, and I love eating dough:))) 

The third picture is from yesterday.  We are teaching a new family, a father with his three children and one niece:)  The kids are so incredibly intelligent and have a lot of faith and it is soooooo much fun to teach them:)  Afterwards the daughters decided that they wanted to paint our nails and so we decided to take some pictures to show off how stylish we were;) 

We had another good week:)  Our branche missionary leader got us motivated to try and work even harder, and this week was CRAZINESS but super fun:)  We worked super hard and have 16 new people that we are teaching:)  We talked to everyone, everyone, everyone and it is very interesting to have the opportunity to talk with so many different people and to hear about what they believe in. 

My favorite moment of the week was on Saturday.  We were headed to a lesson and saw an investigator outside his house that we hadn’t been able to see that week because of his work schedule.  We decided to stop just for a moment to see how he was doing.  As we were talking I saw a BUNCH of bananas that he had lying on a table.  I said "hey cool, that’s a ton of bananas!"  He asked if I liked bananas and I said yes but instantly regretted because the people here are too nice and always give.  Before I could stop him he had called his dad to invite us in the house and to give us some bananas.  His dad had actually met missionaries years ago and still has an old Book of Mormon.  We have only had one lesson there and the dad was in the room but did not sit down with us.  Anyways, so the dad, who is rather old, let us into the living room to sit down and began to cut us of bananas with great care.  It took him about five minutes and I think he gave us about 40 bananas, or all types of maturity so that we could eat some now, some in a week, some in two weeks, etc.  As I washed him I felt a very strong feeling/spirit of love come over me.  This man who has so little was so willing to give of what he had to complete strangers. I began to cry as I watched him and thought of his good heart.  People have the capacity to become some beautiful creatures, and we really all are brothers and sisters.  As he handed us the sack just before leaving he said simply "mo'en juste anvi ou dir merci pou la priere, mo'en ressenti heureu pou la premie fois dans longtemps" or "I just wanted to thank you the other week for the prayer (the lesson) I felt happy for the first time in a long time."   That is when I really lost it.  What a humble and beautiful man, I hope that he will always be able to be happy.  God created us to be happy.  God is our father and he loves us, and if we will just believe that we will never have to feel alone.  I know that God lives and that he loves each and every one of his children, he knows us personally and perfectly and he wants us to feel his love.  I pray that everyone will be able to feel his love.

Have a great week and be happy and safe!

Love,
Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment