Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015


Okay, so I didn’t really take many pictures this week hence the moderately lame selection, sorry!  But we did go to the zoo again because my companions had not been yet:)  It was fun and I absolutely love being surrounded by animals and by the nature, it makes me feel so happy:)  My spirit really feels at peace when I am surrounded by the beautiful and incredible creations of my heavenly father.  How lucky are we that he made such a beautiful earth for us to live on during our mortal existence?  It is just like me with my earthly parents, they are too good to me and I am spoiled rotten:)  We are all spoiled rotten by our heavenly father.  


Monkeys are such funny creatures:D  I have always, always, always wanted a pet monkey but my mother always said I could only have one when I grew up and had my own house.  Unfortunately, the apartments at college have rules against pets, and so I suppose that one day I will have to convince my husband that it is a good idea to have a monkey;)  Or I can build a house in the jungle and have wild monkey friends:)  Okay, sorry, thus far my email has not been very inspiring.




It was another great week.  I only have four weeks left on my mission.  That is craziness for me to think about.  I don't really think about it.  When I look around at all of the familiar places and when I am at church Sunday with the members sometimes it begins to hit me how much I will miss them.  When you serve people you can learn to love them very quickly and that is exactly what happens during the mission.  We serve the people every day.  Every single hour of the day is scheduled so that we can be effective and efficient in serving and teaching others and what an incredible blessing it has been to be able to consecrate all of my heart, might, mind, and strength for these people.  And I am sure that you already know this, but when you serve you always get so much more back than you ever gave.  I know sometimes in the world it seems very dark, with all of the news reports of wars, murders, thefts, etc. we can easily think that there is so much more evil in the world than good.  But I believe that there are more goodhearted, sincere, kind, and loving people out there then we believe and that we just need to take the time to get to know each other.  I love getting to know people, it is such a fun and enriching adventure:)  So get the time to know people, even a simple stranger waiting at the same bus stop as you or in the same check-out line of the grocery store.  You will see, you will not be able to help but to smile if you make another person’s day brighter.

I love you all and wish you a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment