Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January, 28 2015

So this week I would have loved to send more pictures but as part of my crazy adventures last week I forgot to tell you that I also had a pretty dumb moment.  Sister Gardiner and I bought last minute saris before leaving Maurice (because I LOVE traditional Indian clothing it is so beautiful and I couldn’t help myself:D) on Monday but the top is just fabric and you have to get it sewn.  We bought them Monday at about 4:30 and then tried to find a seamstress who was willing to sew it before eight o'clock the next morning when we had to leave to go to the airport;)  I little bit mission impossible but we found a man who was willing.  But that meant in the midst of packing/preparing/calling and arranging things we needed to wake up early Tuesday morning to be able to pick up the saris;)  We did and it turned out super beautifully and we were quite pleased with our caprice, but later I was punished accordingly;)  We got to the airport and when they weighed my "carry on" (a large plastic grocery bag stuffed full of my flute, my ukulele, my scriptures and miscellaneous items) it seemed to light to be normal.  I looked inside and about had a heart attack when I realized that I had left my purse somewhere and it was too late to do anything about it.  Luckily I had my passport in a separate little purse so at least I could board the plane, but we called the tailor and found out that I had left my bag in his little shop that morning when we were picking up the saris!  Oh quel malheur!   My purse has my money, my scriptures in French that are all marked up, my camera, etc x_x  but that is okay.  The Conrads (the senior couple) were able to pick it up so it is at least safe and I will be able to pick it up either when I go back or when someone else comes back to la Reunion.  But until then I feel pretty ashamed and like a little orphan;) 

There was a new sister (sister woods) that got here last week from Oklahoma:)  She is super cute!  She already speaks French fairly well.  She is about 6'1" with curly black hair and is going to be trained by sister Liu who is about 5'1" and super tiny:D   ADORABLE!  Things change super quickly here.  I was going to be with Sister Isham but sister Woods doesn’t know how to drive a stick shift yet so sister Isham went down to St. Pierre with them to be in a threesome, and now I am in a threesome in St. Denis with Sister Thomas and Sister Olivarius.  It has been fun:)  Things are going well surely but slowly.

We met a lady last week who gave us a super nice compliment in saying that she could see the light in our eyes and that maybe one day she will come closer to Christ herself.  I hope so too because I know that it is the only way to be truly happy:) 

I hope that you all have a great week:)

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment