Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February 3, 2015

I had a good week this week:) I was able to get myself into the swing of things here in St. Denis and was back to my motivated self which made me happy:)  It has been super fun working with Sister Olivarius and Sister Thomas; are personalities are super different but we are all quite silly and we spend most of the day smiling and laughing:)

We decided to go treasure hunting for former investigators this week (that means looking up addresses of people who took the missionary lessons in past years but stopped taking them for one reason or another) and had a lot of success:)  We found about ten of the people we were looking for and were able to either have a lesson or set up a lesson with them:)  One of my favorite of these experiences is with a young woman (in her 20's) named Sandra.  She welcomed us in warmly when we knocked on her door and as we were talking/introducing ourselves we learned that she had sort of lost her faith but in this past year a number of experiences led her to believe in God again and it is only really in the last two weeks that she has become active again in her faith and she could not believe our timing in showing up on her doorstep again.  Well I can promise you that we had no idea what had been happening to her in the last year and a half but that God did and he has such an incredible way of guiding our lives. She cried as she told us this and the spirit was very strong.  We had beautiful lesson on the plan of happiness that God has prepared for each of us and she wants to be baptized:D

Another of my favorite stories happened with a lady named Stella (44).  We met her one morning while looking for a former investigator. We found her apartment door but she wasn’t home. I decided to knock on her neighbor’s door to ask if the person even still lived there.  Stella opened the door and the first thing she saw was our nametags.  She said "Oh my goodness!  You are wearing the name of my savior! Come in come in come in!!!!!!!!"  She ushered us in and said that she did not speak French and I said "all the better me neither;)"  She is from Nigeria, lives in Italy and comes to reunion one month every winter to escape the cold and she had just gotten in the day before:D  Some may said "what luck!" but I say what incredible planning and maneuvering skills God has when we are willing to follow the spirit:D  We had an incredible lesson and she had already met the missionaries in Italy but never had the time to have them over.  She was at church this past Sunday and I was able to translate for her:)  We took the bus with her to church and were at the bus stop pretty early and passed the time singing gospel hymns (I love Africans! :)  she loves God so much and has such a good spirit:)  She has been reading the Book of Mormon and just wants to learn!  It is such a pleasure to teach people who want to learn:)  She wants to be baptized as well so hopefully we will be able to help her meet up with the missionaries in Italy!

Life is cool and life is beautiful:)  I am headed back to Mauritius this Thursday and am excited:)  I hope that you all have a great week! 

Love,

Soeur Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment