Monday, February 9, 2015

February 10, 2015

Okay what could I say about this past week?  The first half was in Reunion in St. Denis and the second half in Mauritius.  Life is a crazy adventure but I like it that way :)  It was sad for me to leave St. Denis.  At this point you are probably all shaking your heads and thinking "I am tired of hearing this, she is always sad to leave," but it is true.  I think my problem is that I get attached too easily.  The second week a St. Denis was such a good week and it was sad for me to leave the people that I had already started to love.  Luckily, getting back into the swing of things here was seamless and a great blessing and miracle from above.  All the same, I feel a little bit like a yo-yo.  I say this not to complain but just to explain my feeling.  But that is okay, there is so much to learn from every situation that we live through. 

It was lots of fun working with sister Olivarius and sister Thomas and it felt like we were together a lot longer than two weeks.  We took a plane to Mauritius Thursday afternoon and Friday morning we hit the ground running:)  We were able to get back in touch with all of the people we have been teaching and had lots of wonderful lessons.  It felt so natural to be back here.  I even prefer driving on the left side now (I was always flinching in reunion because my brain felt like we were on the wrong side of the road and were going to get hit).  It was funny to watch sister Thomas' reaction to our heinous apartment.  It really is like a palace for princesses. 

Everyone was so happy to have sisters back in the branch and there is just so much love, love love^-^  I love the people here so much and it is such a joy to work.  I found out that one of the people we teach (her name is Patricia) was at church last Sunday and got up to bear her testimony, she is so cute!  The first Sunday of every month is a moment where we as members of the church fast-abstain from food and drink- for twenty four hours and concentrate on praying at the same time for something specific.  That could be a question that we have and we are looking for an answer, maybe we are praying for a miracle to happen, or even just a fast of gratitude to our heavenly Father.  Then during the church service Sunday morning everyone who wants to has the chance to share a little testimony (say what they believe in or share a little spiritual experience) to help strengthen their own faith and the faith of everyone there:)

I think that we are going to have an awesome week this week and will be good and tired:)  Hope that everyone is doing well and that you have a good week.

Love,

Soeur Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment