Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015

Today we went on an awesome hike to a mountain that is called Le Pouce;  it was super hot but worth it and at the top we could see the whole island:D

Sister Isham went back to la reunion this last Friday and sister Gardiner came:  I have never worked with sister Gardiner but I know her well and am excited to get to work with her:)  it is going well and the only sad thing is that it is only for three weeks because she gets off her mission the 21 of January:  She is from Arizona; was also at BYU and is a music major on the violin:) she brought it on her mission and I LOVE listening:D

This little island just about exploded new year’s there were so many fireworks:  my dad would have so loved to be here; there are no laws against nor regulating fireworks and the party keeps going for five days every night there are fireworks and I heard that it was a mild year:  it was super cool:)  we went to bed the 31 and had set up our alarms to be able to watch a little bit of the fireworks but we didn’t even need them:  when midnight hit it felt like we lived in a war zone the explosion was so loud:  we ran upstairs and out on to the balcony/roof to watch:  it was impressive: a 360 view of fireworks:  I took a video but it didn’t do it justice:

I think the best thing about this week is that holidays are now almost over and things will be more stable again for the missionary work:  Everyone was at church again on Sunday and we had five investigators there and my heart was just happy:)  I love sharing the gospel and I know that it is true:  There is only one way to lasting happiness and it is thanks to Heavenly Father through his son Jesus Christ:

I hope that you all have a great week!

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment