Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20, 2015

Bonjour!  I hope that everyone is doing well.  I can hardly believe it but as of this morning I am in Reunion again in St. Denis.  I learned about it on Sunday that I would be leaving.  At first I heard it was just to accompany soeur Gardiner who will be going home tomorrow night and that I would be headed back in a week with Sr Isham.  Then I learned but this was true but that after one more month we would be coming back definitively because the senior couple is going home.  And then I heard that Sister Isham's visa will probably not go through and so I will never be going back (at least not as a missionary) and at that point I think that my heart broke.

These past two weeks were some of the most incredible weeks of my mission.  I can’t believe that Soeur Gardiner and I only spent two weeks together because there were so many things that happened.  We had so many member referrals which means that people introduced us to their friends and family members so that we could share with them the Gospel of Jesus Christ (we have been working for a few weeks now with all of the families in the branch and the fruits have just started appearing), so many people have been getting their testimonies and the answers to their prayers, accepting baptismal dates, and coming to church.  And then (like I already said) I learned on Sunday that I would be leaving again and it was extremely hard for me.  Just when everything seemed to be blooming we left and I fear without the follow up a lot of the progression will slow down, but I know that everything is in the Lords hand and he knows and takes care of his children.  I am not really sure what will happen to me now but I will try to accept wherever I am and do my best.

Sister Gardiner has been a good comfort and support for me and gives me little motivational pieces of advice;)  It’s true that it’s better to be sad leaving a place then to feel like ''yep okay, bye.'' I love the people that I met there and will miss them but saying goodbye is a part of this life.  I can’t wait to be all together again one day in peace and happiness with our loving Heavenly Father and I hope that everyone will be able to make it.  I have had so many incredible examples of selfless service since being on a mission and I hope that I will always remember what is most important in life and that is people.  People and love. 

For the moment I will be working with Sr Isham here in St. Denis.  It should be great and the sun is shining hear which I love:) have a great week!


Love, Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment