Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3 2014

Hmm so this week was good but a bit slower than usual.  On Friday Soeur Packer was actually so sick that she could not stand up, and souer berchel and I couldn’t find a sisters home for her to stay at (a lot of the ladies her work) and so we had to stay home all day.  I thought it was good for us because it helped with our unity and also because we mostly just had one big journal writing party to catch up:)  One of the sweet sisters dropped by food for us which really even though it was simple added a lot to my joy:)

Every wednesday we host (the seven missionaries here in st. pierre) an english class for an hour and a half in the chapel.  I taught the week before last and then they asked me to teach again because I did a good job which made me feel happy:)  Its super fun, and i like coming up with activities.  And it’s great because a decent amount of less active members and investigators come!

One day this week we decided to shake it up with the contacting method (because they asked us to in the zone conference last friday) and took my ukulele to the park.  I sat and played/sang church songs as the other two girls talked to the passerbys:)  it was fun and actually more effective than I thought it would be.

Here is a funny moment from the week.  So one of the mission rules is that someone always has to be outside the car while backing out to avoid backing into things and I volunteer often (so that I can eat my snack because we can't snack in the car;)  and one of the evenings during planning somehow it came up and Soeur Berchel did an impression of me doing the backing that went a little something like this: she pretending to be me stood up and spun around a little, played with her skirt, danced a bit, waved to people walking by, and then looked surprised when the car was already there.... sadly this portrayal is relatively true and so i was a bit embarrassed but mostly amused;)


I am doing well and feeling happy:)  I hope that all is well at home.  I love all of the time here that I have to focus on helping others and on getting to know Christ, our Savoir, better.  Always look for opportunities to do good and serve others!  Love you:) !!!!!! -Soeur Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment