Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12 2014


Mmmk so a good week this week.  One funny thing was we were waiting outside the gate of an older couple in the ward and the neighbor saw me looking at the fruit in his tree (it is sooooo cool how many fruit trees there are) and he offered me some, I said yes and then he kept just giving me more and more even a coconut which he hacked open for me with a huge machete and my companions were laughing at me so much because I was so excited with an armful of fruit^-^ it was super awesome and he was super nice!  Also, I snack pretty much all the time... and got mocked last week at choir practice for my tuperware of rice that I was eating plain/with my hands (sorry nana;) but everyone just thinks its funny;)  For the commemoration of the relief society this Saturday the sisters from our ward have all sewed a dress to wear and at the sewing activity this past week they practiced their walks for the mini fashion show they'll give at the activity.  it was hilarious to watch and they all got super into it and were choreographing little bits and put on music^-^  I gave a spiritual thought in sacrament meeting last sunday on the light of Christ and used the scriptures mosiah 16:9 and D&C 115:5 and you should look them up and read them:)  Church this Sunday was soooo good for me.  I don't know if this is weird to say but this was the first sunday that I can remember that just the fact of being at church (not a specific talk or lesson) changed my heart--it completely healed me of the unhappy feelings I'd been having the two days before (I was feeling a little discouraged again about how many things I need to improve on myself) and it refilled me with a new hope--it was a beautiful feeling and a great blessing.  I am happy and having a good time and still always ready to work hard!   Hope that you all have a lovely week as well!  Love, Soeur Wilson

Mosiah 16:9 "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."

D&C 115:5 "Verily I say unto you all: Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;"



The gecko in our apartment 
A chameleon we found on the street that I picked up:D 
Some ladies/an investigator outside of church last Sunday:)
The chameleon again:D 
My companions took this picture to mock me because I'm determined to protect my delicate skin;) 

Us last night doing our studies in the frozen yogurt place.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment