Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December 22, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS:DDDDDD 

It is strange to be a missionary at Christmas time because seems like everyone puts the Gospel on pause.  But for me that is exactly the opposite of what should happen!  Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ so shouldn't more people be wanting to learn about the Gospel?  Anyways, I am trying to not be stressed or discouraged about it and to just do my best and enjoy all of the beautiful moments.  We have been sharing the video that the church put out about Christmas called "He is the Gift"http://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HPFR112814529
It is a very beautiful reminder of the real reason that we celebrate Christmas.  Christ is the greatest gift that this world has ever known.  He is the gift of eternal life, the gift of forgiveness, the gift of mercy and grace, the gift of peace and comfort, and the gift of hope for a brighter future.  I am grateful for the birth of my savior and so grateful for the knowledge that I have of his beautiful plan of redemption.  I am grateful for all of the sacrifices and the courage of my parents so that my family could grow up in the faith and in the knowledge of Christ.

We still have lessons today and tomorrow which makes me happy:)  And we have been invited by so many members to share Christmas with them which is so sweet.  We will eat dinner with the family Laurauce tomorrow night with their whole extended family (who are not members) which should be exciting:D  They said that we can share a message:)  I am excited to make cookies to give out to people, and I miss going to nursing homes so much that I talked sister Isham into going with me to sing:D  We will eat two Christmas lunches, one with Sr Avrilenes family and one with Sr Sondia's family:)  and then Christmas evening we will be with the family Bastien.  We are looking for as many ways to serve and help others as possible so that this Christmas can be meaningful:)

I would like to just say a small word about Sean Byers who was a very close friend of mine who passed away this last week.  I was so shocked to have the news and can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that I will never see him again in this life.  But I am so grateful that I know that I will see him again in the next and that he is in Heavenly Father's care.  God has a plan for all of us and he is always at our sides to help us.  We can't always see or understand why things happen but he knows and he will help us to find peace.  I loved Big Sean dearly and am sorry to not be able to be there for his funeral and to hug his Mom and Dad, but I will pray for them and hope that all is well.

Have a very Merry Christmas with your family and loved ones.  Look for someone to help and to serve and you will find that this Christmas will be a memorable one. 

Lots of love,  Sister Wilson

The first is just a funny picture of a family that we have been teaching for about two months.  The mom's name is Pascaline, her husband’s name is Kersly and they have a two daughters and a little boy.  We had a super good lesson with them last week- Pascaline had prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true and had felt the spirit so strongly that tears came to her eyes as she told us about the experience.  Kersly also got his answer last week and were so excited that we decided to have a little dance party to celebrate.  It may or may not have gotten a bit out of hand, that’s for you to decide;)

This of me outside one of the many little stores (in Port Louis the capitol) with tons and tons of sacks of beans and seeds and all sorts of things:D  I found it aesthetic in an odd way and was super fan.  I got many strange looks as my companion took the picture...

A picture of Sister Conrad, Sister Isham and I at a Korean restaurant last week that we went to in Port Louis on Monday.  It is Elder Choi's favorite place to eat (he is korean;) and we all had to taste Kimchi (rotten cabbage) it actually wasn’t bad, but i think that I prefer Japanese food. 

The boys at the korean restaurant.  It is Elder Estrade, Elder Choi and Elder Conrade. 

This is from District Meeting last week in the Conrad's home.  The Conrads are the senior couple here in Mauritius.  District Meeting is something we have as missionaries once a week to talk about how the week went, get help/new ideas from each other, and have a lesson or training.  Afterwards we ate lunch together:)


No comments:

Post a Comment