Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10, 2014

Life really is a crazy adventure and I love it.  I had an incredibly wonderful time (as I believe I explained in the email last week) while a la reunion.  I really prayed that I would be able to be useful even if it was just a week that I would be there and every single day the Lord answered my prayer.  I was able to be in so many places in just the right time, for investigators I had taught before, for other missionaries and for myself.  Hurray for the lord working through us if we have the desire and try to be humble:D  We were really starting to feel settled in on Tuesday and had had no news of visas and so were ready to stay for who knows how long.  I loved getting to be in the new branch on Sunday and meeting all of the members and starting to work with them.  Then, late Tuesday night we got a phone call from the zone leaders.  They had just gotten the news that sister Ishams visa went through and we were headed off to Mauritius the next morning.  It was cool because our last evening we had a meeting with our branch mission leader and I had asked his wife to teach us one of the most common creole dishes and so now I will be able to take the recipe home:)  It’s called "rougail saucisse" and it was fun learning with Sister Fortuna.

Life back in Mauritius has been wonderful and exhausting.  Wednesday we got back in the afternoon and went grocery shopping, unpacked and met up with Frere Benjamin (our branch mission leader here) to touch base with him and see what had been done in our absence.  From Thursday to Sunday we were able to regain contact with every single one of our investigators and recent converts and they are all doing super well:D 

Pascaline is someone we started teaching my first week in Mauritius and while we were gone she finally got down on her knees and asked God if the Book of Mormon is true.  As she told us about her experience tears came into her eyes and the spirit was very powerful.  She got her answer and she wants to be baptized:D   Kersly (her husband) also had a very spiritual experience this past week in coming to church and so we will invite him to be baptized the same date as his wife:) 

All of the members are super happy to have us back and said that they prayed for us to come back quickly:)  It is actually quite the miracle because when they put in the request for a one month visa for Sr Isham (because her year one was denied) it normally takes minimum of one month to go through, but this time it was one week:)  too cool.

This week has been a little special because it is the elections for the Mauritians tomorrow. They only have elections every five to seven years and things get so crazy in the roads that most Mauritians stay in their houses for two days.  So today we are having all of the lessons we could manage to schedule at church and tomorrow we will be on lockdown in the apartment and it will be our preparation day:O  cool stuff:) 

I hope that you all have a fantastic week.  I love you and hope that we will all be able to focus on the importance of our savior this Christmas season:)

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment