Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014

It was a very good week like always:)  I can’t remember any more if I already shared this thought last week but I was listening to a little video two weeks ago and one phrase really struck out to me.  It was a young man that said that he had learned from his grandmother the importance of learning how to live happily.  It is so true.  That is what this life is all about.  We need to have goals for the future, and look forward to the big picture, but the important things and the things that get us to our end goals are the little moments of everyday life.  The constant day to day efforts, in short the journey.  It is hard not to wish away our life sometimes waiting for some moment in the future where we think we will finally be happy.  But the simple secret is to love every minute along the way:)  Every religion talks about heaven and paradise, but if we live correctly right (correctly) now we can live in heaven right now.  Heaven is not some obscure, unknown concept, it is simply a state of living happily and in peace and it is what we are working for in this life, and what we will be able to enjoy in this one and the next if we listen to Gods great advice on how to obtain it:)

The highlight by far of the week was the baptism this last Saturday and then the confirmation of a young man (33) named Gregory.  I have felt very close to him and his journey in the church even though it was the elders who taught him, because his first time at church was my very first Sunday in the branch at St. Pierre:)  He comes to English class, we all went up to spend the day with him once in Ciloas (on a Monday with the missionaries in our district), he is at all the activities, we pick nick sometimes the Sunday afternoon with his two adorable daughters (lucy-8 and alice-6) whom I love, and we ran into him several times in town and answered some questions at some crucial points in his conversion:) I can say without a doubt that it was the most inspiring baptism I have ever been too; it increased my appreciation of what it means to become a member of the church and my desire/understanding of the need to establish Zion on the earth a hundredfold.  When he bore his testimony after being baptized I don’t think there was a person in that room who didn’t feel the spirit and who did not cry with him and he expressed his love for the savior Jesus Christ.  He really did shine with joy and couldn’t stop smiling, and it made everyone else smile as well:) We had three of our investigators who have a baptismal date that came which was great:D

Also, yesterday at church during sacrament meeting sister Liu, Sister Thomas and I played a musical number for the intermediate hymn.  Sister Thomas and I played a flute duet and Sister Liu accompanied us on the piano:)  it went super well and everyone loved it.  It made me think of playing duets with my mom which made me smile:)

I’m doing well and staying happy.  I hope that you all have a great week!!!!

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment