Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1, 2014

Wow what a week.  I am super tired but happy as usual:)  And I am getting more and more confused about how time passes because I can no longer keep days and weeks straight but that is okay.  These past two weeks have felt like a lifetime, but that’s okay because each day I try to appreciate every second and do my best and not get discouraged.

One cool thing that went down is that while planning last Sunday I really wanted to work on getting references from members (and anyone else willing to give them too us) and also work of getting the members more excited about doing their own missionary work.  We talked a lot about it (my companions and I) and decided to pray about it/think about it all week and then we would brainstorm together the next Sunday.  Well, we had a big meeting this past Wednesday with our mission president and his wife (who have to fly in from Madagascar), Elder Hamilton and his wife (our regional authority--member of the seventy--who works in south Africa), our senior couple, the Madsons, all of the missions a la reunion (we are 14 now) and they flew in the senior couple (the Conrades) and the missionaries (there are four) from Mauritius:D  and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!  President Hamilton had served a mission in Paris back in the day and later on was a mission president for northern France/Belgium for three years and he had incredible advice which was the answers to both of our questions:D  I was so excited and feel so motivated now with the answers to my prayers and its GREAT:D

One of the pieces of advice that he gave was to talk literally to everyone.  We already pretty much did that, but I felt newly inspired to really go for it and to do it happily and with love, because I love what I’m sharing and it makes me happy:)  I was working with a young woman from our branch named Lisa Van Loon (who just turned in her papers to go on a mission:D) and it was pretty funny because for two hours that morning everyone refused to listen to us but we kept on smiling and trying:)

We now have six baptisme dates:)  Five are for the fourth of October and I am super excited because they are such humble and amazing people and it really is a blessing to be able to teach them.

I know that this church is true and I love the gospel.  It is what has brought me all of the happiness in my life and gives me all of my hope for the future.  What an incredible opportunity to be able to learn how to share that every day.  The mission is only the beginning and I need to never loose what I gained/learned during this precious time:) I hope to always to able to spread happiness and joy:D Have a great week!!!
Love,
Sister Wilson



This is a rather strange photo, but we had a family home evening at the morel's home and taught them about unity and helping each other to  progress.  I don’t know where on earth I learned this trick, but there is a way to balance on each other’s knees:)  the family was super impressed and tried afterwards;)

This picture is at district meeting the week of my birthday and Sister Madson was a sweetheart and made me a cake:)
It is hard to see the chalk art in progress/awesome contacting (thanks mom and pop for the chalk!) and also I look like a strange turtle creature (my dress wanted to fly away with the wind so I had to crouch;) but I hope you enjoy:)

My companion Sister Isham (from auburn Washington) and I:)  She is super nice and I loved working with her:D

This last picture is from a family home evening at our investigators Agnes' house.  She is Indian and had a closet full of wonderful clothes-I got super excited and we played hard core dress up and then did a little dance:D

No comments:

Post a Comment