Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014

Okay so this picture is finally a picture of Abel whose wife is the one who taught us how to weave vacoa.
 I am holding my panier (basket) that I finally finished and I was super excited and super proud :DDDDD

Marguerite (his wife) is the little woman in this picture :) 

This picture just makes me laugh because we were contacting house by house one day and this lady wasn't super interested but she said that maybe her brother would be and gave us his information.  We spent one morning out of each week for three weeks looking for this street (we found lots of investigators out of asking for directions which was cool :) and were just about to give up thinking that she had lied to us when we finally found it :D

It was Soeur Thomas's birthday so we stayed up late to decorate the house to give her a surprise in the morning :)

:)  I think this picture is just a tiny bit blurry :/  but it is our group photo at the talent show ;)  it is Soeur Isham, Sr Thomas and I with Antoine and Chris in our get up for the songs we played :)

This picture is of Soeur Thomas and I studying outside the church in St. Denis this week waiting to pick up our new companion Sister Liu!

This is Sister Liu the cute tiny thing:)  We just so happened to both be in pink and gray the first day, I believe I was inspired;)  She is incredibly nice and easy to get along with and we had a very productive end of the week working in two groups and having tons of lessons :)

This picture is me thinking I'm pretty cool at a family home evening at an investigators house named Agnes.  We met her at another investigators house, Elizabeth, and she loved us right away and gave us her number and invited us over.  She is super sensitive to the spirit and has already accepted to be baptized and is just so happy to have the gospel in her life:)

This is all of the sisters on the island with our mission president's wife, Sister Adams :)  We went on a cool hike with the zone today called "Grand Etang"

This is sister Isham and I :)  We have been companions for four days now:)  It is like a dream working with her because we get along so well!  And our life has been a tiny bit stressful because they didn't know until 5 o'clock today if someone was leaving for Maurice tomorrow.  Turns out neither Sister Isham's one month visa nor my year-long visa are ready so Soeur Berchel has to come back for a week (because Soeur Packer flies home tomorrow) and they hope to send Sr Isham out for a month and then me.

This is from the hike today as well

A waterfall :)

I tried to do the splits in a tree :)

Then I hid in the foliage :) 

And this is all of the missionaries on the island, our mission president and his wife, and the senior couple :D

No comments:

Post a Comment