Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Sadness I tried to send more photos, but no luck:/  I was going to send a picture of Soeur Liu and I's awesome adventure of contacting this week:D  Last week I opened my package from my family for my birthday and in it was some side-walk chalk.  So this past Tuesday we had 3 hours for contacting and we walked down to the boardwalk and starting drawing.  In the first place we stopped we drew the plan of salvation and wrote in large letters "God loves you" in creole:)  Unfortunately all we managed to attract was a large group of young men, but they all took pamphlets and who knows one day maybe they'll come to church.  Then we went and drew a huge tree on the dock where everyone walks (especially during the summer vacation) with their family, and were able to talk with some people about family history work.  Lastly we went to a little park and drew a staircase with a door and then a path leading to the sun to talk about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We will have to try again another day at a time when there are more people, but it was super fun and I loved having people come up to us for once instead of going to them.  Woohoo for sidewalk chalk:D  I think my favorite people that stopped to ask us what we were doing were two young girls who thought we were playing hop-scotch:)  The next day our drawings were still there and I hope that it made people stop and wonder:)  We had left stacks of brochures by each drawing as well with our number, and those were all gone the next day, so who knows.... 

We had lots of good lessons this week and I love love love the people I teach:D  and I love the members of our branch:D  we are figuring out ways to work more and more with them which is awesome!  I love studying in the morning and learning so much about the gospel:)   There is never enough time to do everything I wish I could do, but that is better than being bored.  I don’t know how much I have talked about la famille Van Loon but they got back from vacation in Maurice this past week and the very first day they were back their two daughters (Efesia-21, and Lisa-18) called us to ask when they could come with us to do missionary work:)  I love those girls so much, and they will be working with us all Saturday this week:) 

Soeur Isham and I taught the lesson about sacrifice this past Sunday during Sunday school.  It went well, and it is a super interesting subject.  I love the quote from the prophet Joseph Smith that says something like that a religion that doesn’t demand sacrifice from its followers doesn’t have the power to change us and lead us to salvation.  Woohoo for sacrifice and for giving our hearts to the savior:D  we dropped Soeur Isham off yesterday because she is headed to Maurice for a month.  I will miss her but I will see her again so all is well:)  I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!!


Love, Soeur Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment