Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

Mkk sorry this is again going to be brief, but at least this time you have pictures to enjoy:)  umm, so we worked super hard again this week.  We have lots of new investigators which is super exciting and it is super crazy the effect that missionary work keeps having after missionaries are gone.  we were teaching a women named Nicolita for the first time and halfway through the lesson her husband came home and went straight to his library when he saw us and came back out with a book of mormon that he had read almost completely, sat down and said 'I have a lot of questions' perfect!!!!! we love to answer!  Arthur, eleven, has a baptism date for the 26 of april:)  we get to do lots of service here which is awesome! also, we ran into a super awesome lady who has started to teach us how to weave baskets :D  and today, we went to Cilaos which is super beautiful and we hiked, and played ultimate frisbee and got lunch together and played more games and just had a grand time.  I brought my ukulele and got to play a lot and sing which always makes me happy:)    ----that was my draft from last week (april 1) I never got to send.


mmk so one funny story from ultimate frisbee last week is that I believe that my reputation for snacking all the time has gotten out of hand;)  there was much pleasant taunting between the two teams (everyone was super into it but also super good sports it was way fun:)  and the elders on the opposite group to distract me start shouting things like ''sister wilson, think about baguettes'' or ''think about some nice chicken'' and everyone just about died laughing when at one point when I had just got the frisbee elder estrade (canadian) ran by me and said ''psssst! sister wilson, I have some rice in my pocket for you'' ;) wow, good times:)   also, this week during one of my lessons I got to hold baby chicks in my lap while I taught :DDDDD hurry for cute baby animals!!!!!!!!  we found lots of new people to teach and talk to this week:))  also, we had out interviews with the mission president which went well.  I asked him about how i could learn more about/understand better the atonement of Jesus Christ and he referred me to a talk ''His Grace is Sufficient'' by Brad Wilcox which is just awesome!!!!  I got to teach primary again yesterday which is such a joy:)  I love the little children and they are soooooo cute when they speak french:)   we did more basket weaving with Abel and Marguerite.  She was teaching soeur berchel this time so I talked with abel (the grandpa:) he fills my heart with joy he is so sassy!!!! everything that comes out of his mouth is a joke, but he is such a sweetheart.  we had a good time harassing each other:)  and its cool, because the first time we met him he wanted nothing to do with us or religion, but after we were excited about her basket weaving and took a sincere interest in them, they let us in, and now they let us pray and they even ask us gospel questions:)  love  and sincere interest in others, that is the way to teach:)  hope you all have a lovely week!!!
love, soeur wilson:)

"His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLXr9it_pbY
Transcript/audio: http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1966



Me and the little boys:)  at the home of Anaelle (part member family).  They are super cute!

Me making crepes at night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment