Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

mmk this week:)  =awesome!  I had a cool learning moment while reading the scriptures this past week.  I think one of the hard things to learn in life is to give up the desire to answer back defensively to people when you feel like they've addressed you abrasively or like they have said something unjust or hurtful.  But answering back defensively never does any good, and I adore a scripture I read in mosiah 14:7 that talks about Jesus Christ and the perfect example he sent for us and it saws "He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth."  I felt like the scripture was talking to me and I wrote it on the top of my planner and tried to live by it all week.  It isn’t necessary to be right, it isn’t necessary to explain ourselves, what is necessary is that we get along and that we continue to progress and move forward together.  If Jesus, who suffered a lot more calumny, derision, and just general unkindness, was able to hold his peace, so can I through the strength that he gives me:)  also I felt really inspired last week by the emails and letters I had received from the good friends I have who are also on missions (all around the world :D  utah, hawaii, spain, france).  It is just so cool how we share stories and experiences with each other that strengthen and help one another with the things we are going through even though physically we are so far apart --it just makes me feel so strong and cool how we are united for the same great cause and how we can find support in each other--- I don’t know, ahhh, it’s just so cool!!!!!!!


some funny things from the week:  we were taking back a bag of laundry to one of the really old members who can’t do the laundry themselves, and before we realized what exactly was happening a dog in the street had peed all over the bag..... we just about died laughing because we shooed it away but it was too late and there was nothing we could do, luckily the lady had a good sense of humor about it:)   also, we make lots of funny friends here because people start to recognize us, but it’s cool and they’re super friendly, and one nice man and his wife gave us some fresh grapes from their vine this past week which was awesome:)  Also, we have a super awesome new investigator :D and i am not lying in the least when I tell you that he looks exactly like captain jack sparrow from pirates of the caribbean, its super awesome;D  Lastly, I gave my first talk in french in church yesterday:O  i was nervous, but it went well and I talked about Jesus Christ and his atonement:)  I love you all, and hope you have a good week:) !!!!  love, soeur wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment