Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17, 2015

Okay, so I debated for a good moment about whether or not I would share this story...  I don’t want anyone to be afraid for me or my health but it really was such a crazy happening that I wanted to tell it.  Friday was Sister Thomas' and I's last day in Mauritius and everything was going well.  We had a lesson in Port Louis with one of the coworkers of Brother Bastien that went super well, but we were a bit late in finishing and were speed walking all the way back through the market to get to the buses.  It was about 5:30 and the market was closing down so there were lots of vans packing up boxes and out of nowhere as we were passing by one van the man let the trunk door go and it fell rather heavily on my head.  I was stunned and let out a loud scream as it hit me and the man quickly lifted it back up.  I touched my head and felt a deep cut and knew what was coming next.  Luckily Sister Thomas is a licensed nurse;)  She got a cloth instantly and pressed it against my head as the blood started to run.  Someone called an ambulance, but another lady said that they take too long and the man whose van it was decided to pay a taxi to take us so off we were.  One of the sisters was in Valiee (the down just over) and was waiting for us for a lesson.  We called her to say sorry that we had to cancel and she decided to come to the hospital with us.  She was a ton of help and so nice, it was like having a mom with us.  I ended up getting stiches and they gave me some medicine and it was all over in about an hour and we went back out to work to finish the evening.  We called our zone leaders that night to tell them the story and it took them a long time to believe us-they thought we were joking.  It is a pretty heinous story but I am fine now.  I will get the stiches out this Saturday (thank heavens because the doctor did a weird thing and sewed a bandage to my head as well which I have been trying to cover with headbands, but that is testing my pride;).

Anyways I am back in St. Pierre with Sr Liu and Sr woods.  They are both super easy going and nice so the transition has been easy.  Also all the members were super nice and happy to see me on Sunday:)  I hope that you all have a good week!!!


Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment