Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

Mmk what can I say about this week.  It was another great one.  I still feel grateful every day when the sun is shining because I am warm and happy.  I think that the sunshine is one of the best and quickest cures when one is feeling down (and I know that my mom agrees with me, maybe I get it from her;). 

Kevin has been changing so much and it’s been sooooooo cool!  He got off to a rough start because he has some trouble with self-confidence, but he has made friends with all of the other young adults now, and every time we see him he is happier and we can just see his light growing brighter and brighter and it is so awesome:D  He had dreads and this week he cut his hair and it wasn’t even us who asked him to:)  He looks good with his new haircut.  Also he passed his baptismal interview, has stopped smoking, and is just doing great! 

Nathanielle also passed her baptismal interview.  When she came to church this past Sunday she wasn’t doing very well.  We left sacrament meeting early to go talk with her under the trees.  It was the first time I’ve seen her cry and it was heartbreaking.  It is a sad thing how often humans/things in life in general fall into cycles.  Well it is not inherently sad, but there are lots of sad cycles that occur.  Her mother had a terrible childhood, having to change homes many times, and never really having her mother there, and now she is making the same choices.  Nathanielle asked "how can she inflict on her own children what she already lived and suffered through?"  This is a very good question and what it comes down to is weakness.  We (as humans) are weak but we can overcome those weaknesses (Ether 12:27) if we have faith and come unto Christ.  Weakness isn’t sin but it can lead us to sin if we do not take control.

Clency also passed his baptismal interview HURRAY:D !!!!!!!!!!!  So there will be three baptisms this Saturday:)  He is super excited and doing great. 

This is my last week with Soeur Berchel because next Tuesday morning she will be heading home to France:O  What CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Her mission will be over.  Time (as always) is such a strange thing.  Wish us luck;)  I hope that everyone back at home is doing well, have a great week, and never take for granted what is most important in life: the people:D


Love,
Sister Wilson


Ether 12:27: 
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

No comments:

Post a Comment