Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

Mmk this week for my email I am going to cheat because I ran out of time and I am going to share what I already shared with certain people so if you are one of those people you will just have to read the same thing twice;)

Mark and I decided to start doing a weekly study together and the first topic we chose was Gratitude because it will be thanksgiving soon.  It was nice to study gratitude along with everything else I studied during the week because it kept me thinking about how important it is to be grateful for everything (the good times and the hard times;) and it made my days easier.  The scripture that stood out to me the most was D&C 59:7,15, 21 because I was trying to look up the doctrine of gratitude.  It is a commandment to be grateful in all things which I find cool.  We know that every commandment is for our own good (God doesn't need our gratitude though it does make him happy) and for gratitude it is easy to see why.  It is because being grateful changes our perspective on everything in life.  It is our attitude, and if we can teach ourselves to always "look on the bright side" as they say then we will become more and more free (which is the goal in life -freedom).  It is a way to self-mastery:) 

Then my sweet sister took the time to write me a little spiritual thought even though she has a ton on her plate being a new mother.  She talked about how growing sometimes hurts but that it is necessary to pass by the pain and that by placing our confidence in Christ he can lighten our burdens.  I have definitely had some growing pains on my mission but I try to be grateful for them and to not wish.  If we want the hard moments to pass quickly we end up missing some of the most precious moments in life and that is a shame.

This week we had less lessons with members which is too bad, but it was a kind of a funny situation.  Every time we called a member to see if they could join us they said they were already engaged to help the Rosalie family move into their new home.  This persisted the whole week, literally that is the only thing we heard from the members this week "oops sorry but I already said I’d help the Rosalie’s" "Sorry, we will be at the family Rosalie’s tomorrow"  "no that won’t be possible this week sorry, we are helping the family Rosalie."  We asked ourselves how all of these people were going to be able to fit into the Rosalie's house to help but at least the members were motivated for the service and showed great unity;)  Nathanielle (21) had her interview this past week and passed and will be baptized the 22 Nov.  Kevin and Clency will have their interviews this week and will also be baptized normally on the 22 so that will be an awesome day:)  We have lots of great investigators and it is a pleasure to teach and learn with them.

It is starting to be summer here again and boy is it hot.  Hopefully I will survive;)  Lots of fruit trees are turning ripe which is exciting:D  I am excited to eat letchi for the first time, it’s a funny little red fruit found on islands:)

Hope that you all have a great week!

Love,

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment