Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015--One Last Post 

Okay, so I am sitting in front of the computer screen and thinking to myself "Can it really be?  Am I really at the end of my mission?"  It does not feel like it.  As a missionary it is hard not to count the months and weeks, everyone knows exactly how many months they have until they go home, but now that it is here it does not feel real.  I just decided that I needed to do some groaning ;) and said to my companion Sister Liu "je vais avoir une crise cardiaque!" or "I am going to have a heart attack!" 

The members here were so sweet on Sunday.  I got lots of hugs and lots of nice words.  My last week was wonderful.  The work continued along, we had plenty of struggles and got to see lots of wonderful miracles:)  You will not believe how many things I lost at the end of my mission.  I think that God had been protecting me all along from one of my (I think it is actual a family) weakness(es), and that near the end I started to lose this power.  I lost a notebook that we keep all of the numbers of the people we meet in the street in.... then I lost my daily planner.... then my companion and I lost our phone driving one night we think it fell out of the car as she got out to help me turn around in the street.  Yep, so my last few days were sort of apostasy (sorry for those that will not understand this joke).  We took all of these losses as attempts from the adversary to discourage us, but we kept on enduring and ended up having lots of success for the week.

Eleven people who have been investigating were at church yesterday:)  There were two families, and lots of wonderful individuals.  One of the most cool things is an investigator named Jean Paul who will be getting baptized next Saturday.  We met him about a month ago, he is 26, works and is a musician at the hotels, and is super super nice.  When he started reading the Book of Mormon it was incredible how much he was touched and how much he has been learning.  He has been sharing with everyone that he knows and we have started teaching other members of his family and they were there this Sunday and had a great time.

I am excited to come home but yesterday it started to hit me that I will not be able to see these people that I have come to love so much for a long time.  Loving people is hard because during this life there are often moments when we have to say goodbye, but it is so worth it because it is not over and life becomes so much more profound when we get to know and love one another.  I have learned a lot of my mission.  Patience (and I have lots more to learn;) .  I have come to love even more studying the scriptures, what a great blessing!!!  God does not want us to not understand, he gave us a way to understand all of his plans for us and the reason for why we are here and how to succeed.  All we need is faith and a little effort.  I also learned how incredibly lucky I am to have the family I have and to have grown up with the Gospel.  I will keep sharing it because I know it is true and the path the happiness.  I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us:)  I love you all and will see you soon!

Love,

Soeur Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment