Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014


So last week when I didn’t get to write we had a good week and also this past week was a good week:)  The past week was super awesome because Soeur Thomas and I had been working for quite some time with the mission, district, and branch leader to organize mini missions for the young women (youth) in the church and we finally got to do one :D  It was with Minelli Delnard and she was awesome.  She worked with us four days and stayed with us three nights and is such a cute little thing :)  It is amazing how motivated the youth of the church here are even though they aren’t numerous.  I don’t think I ever would have been interested to do a mini mission, but every girl in the branch here has signed up and think that it is cool:)  tant mieux ;)  I love it:) 

I thought that I was going to be transferred last week because we got a phone call from the zone leaders telling us that there would be transfers on sunday.  I was pretty sad at first because I really love it here, and I feel like we are really starting to see miracles after all of the hard work (also you cannot imagine how excited I am for the ward talent show this coming friday and I thought I wouldn’t get to participate anymore;).   but pretty quickly I got over myself because I know that the Lords plan is the best plan, and that if I moved places there were just as many blessings and beautiful moments to be had there as there are here.  Whenever I had a little "but..." come into my mind I sang the song "I'll go where you want me to go dear lord" to myself and smiled because it is true, and I hope I can stay like that and be even better throughout my whole life :)  I was 100 percent ready for any news on sunday and I got a happy little surprise and I am still in St. Pierre:)  I don’t know when I will leave for Maurice but le president told me soon because normally I will go to replace Sr packer if my visa nonsense works out. 

We had an all-day ward picnic the 14 Juillet (their independence day) which was super fun:)  we had two investigators come (Marie Elise and Isabelle) and the elders had three :D   We had a little hike, we ate, we danced, played games, and had a marvelous time:)  The coolest thing is that Marie Elise and Isabelle made friends with each other (they actually live in the same apartment complex) and made little plans to go on walks together, and hopefully we can use that to help them have a friend nearby to support them in the gospel :)

I think a lot about my testimony being on a mission and it is interesting how it is changing and growing.  As I am going about my day sometimes little thoughts will come into my mind and then I think "hey wow that is so true!" for example this past week I thought "I live the Gospel and I know that it's true."  Exactly, and what could make more since?  Who knows better if something is good or not than someone who has tried it out.  I do live the gospel, and I know that it is true:)

I love getting the chance to talk about my parents while out here.  You cannot imagine how proud I am of them and how much it fills me with joy to tell others about them and how incredible they are.  What incredible examples; they are both converts to the church and were baptized at eighteen and it is only recently that I have really realized how alone they were with all of the changes they were making and how deep their testimonies/conviction really had to have been, and I will be eternally grateful for what they did for our family:)  They changed the course of our history forever.

We had an incredible tender mercy/miracle this past sunday.  Every last one of our investigators who had said they would come to church this sunday and were excited called and canceled that morning.  It was super discouraging and I was quite sad inside as I went to church, but I cleared my mind and told myself that we had done everything it was possible for us to have done and the lord knows our hearts.  In the middle of sacrament meeting we almost died of surprise as Antoine (our investigator who looks like jack sparrow:)  and his girlfriend Chris walked in and came and sat by us:)  talk about tears of joy:)  they stayed all three hours and were super social with everyone, and at the end I was talking to Chris and she told me that she has never felt comfortable in a church, but when she walked in that morning she felt the spirit and felt like she was finally where she needed to be :D  HURRAY:DDDDD thank you heavenly father:)  they are excited for the talent show this friday because Antoine is accompanying me on the bass guitar and Chris is going to sing with me:)  I hope that everyone has an incredible week!!!!  I love you all:)

Love,

Soeur Wilson


Well that is highly unfortunate.... I finally had a nice enough computer to send some pictures and my camera just died and all I uploaded was nonsense.... 


This photo is from today.  You can’t really see my nails, but the daughter of one of our investigators did our nails today (ironically something none of us--soeur isham, sr thomas and myself-- never did at home;)  on my thumbnails there are sparkilly monkies;D  I’m super pleased ;) Our investigators name is Marie Elise, she is 68 and has won miss mammy numerous times which makes me smile so much:)  she makes me think a little bit of Grandma Tone:)  She is incredibly nice and just loves dressing up.  She helped us learn some more creole today and I got to have a little dance party to creole music with her granddaughters :D

This picture is from the middle of this past week.  We had an exchange with the sisters from the north (In St. Denis) -I went up and worked with Soeur Stewart (who crazily enough had actually been in a french class of mine at BYU but we never talked) and we had a great time.  It was a needed change and she gave me some great advice and I felt like I got to refocus on how to be a better missionary:)  the photo is sr isham, sr thomas and I waiting for the other sisters, and eating our fast-food (for the first time since I left home;) on the side of the road like hobos :)  We were super pleased with ourselves, and just about died laughing because we had also accidentally bought three Ice Age dvds at the drive-in (because we thought they were free...) but we also are just not supposed to have dvds like that as missionaries.  You know now that I’m telling the story it doesn’t seem as funny, but it really was amusing in the moment;)

No comments:

Post a Comment